Thursday 24 May 2007

Hand Washing Rituals of the Modern Man

Before I let you in on my secret I have to say that I am a clean, well-washed young man who loves having his bath in the morning. And a cup of coffee, and a smoke.

And off to work we go. Open car door, close car door, get to work, open office door, walk around building, close doors etc. Lots of opening and closing.

And touching. Touching lots of foreign things. Foreign, dirty things, which werent washed that morning, probably full of germs farms.

And so it comes to that ritual I do after coffee, the morning piss at work. Have a nice long leak and a shake, then go wash my hands.

This is all expected human behaviour. But now, I am having a bit of a wonder here. My very dirty hands were used in the bathroom to support my male organ. Yes, the clean male organ that had a good wash that same morning, then got cottoned up in clean underwear and whisked off to work with me. But I washed my hands????? This defies logic.

There seems to be only two solutions that actually make sense, as the current one is giving me grey hairs trying to decipher.

We should
1) Wash hands before going to the toilet (and if you have bad aim, after toilet too)
2) Forget the hands, but invent some male organ washing machine that can clean your dangly bits AFTER you have touched it with your filthy hands.

But once again I ask, why do we wash our HANDS after toilet?

1 comment:

Jared Black said...

I totally understand where you are coming from with this. Doesn't make much sense. The way I see it, you should just wash your hands throughout the day and doing it after you urinate is just a good way of making it routine. It would be interesting to do a social experiment and wash your hands before and see how many odd looks you get.